Answered

Problem with sound when using smart tv app.

• 6 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
Evening guys.

Over the last couple of days I've experienced sound problems when watching Netflix/Amazon to etc.

I run 7.2 system. TV is a Sony Bravia smart.

The apps load fine however there is no sound only an annoying tick, tick, ticking sounds from the play 1 surrounds.

When not watching any app, the play 1's, sub and playbar all work fine.

If I switch from sound system to TVs speakers, again the apps work fine and the sonos all work but of course this creates an echo.

I have never had this problem before and it is very frustrating. The apps all work fine on tablets, phones etc.

I have removed and retuned m, reset the tv yet the problem persists.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best

Jim
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 September 2017, 01:47

Well, as a guess, it's the 7.2 system not handling the Dolby Digital signal properly. If I were you, I would update to 7.4, and then post a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926

It seems as though that particular beta release is resolving a lot of issues that have been ongoing from the Dolby Digital process. Can't comment personally, haven't had any issues on my Vizio TVs, but you can see in that thread the number of folks who have been helped.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Morning, I double checked and I am running 7.4 not 7.2. Is there any solution to this?

Post on the (very long) thread that @Airgetlam quotes above, include a diagnostic ID, and Sonos will push out a Beta 7.4.1 fix to your account.

Or, wait until 7.4.1 has been qualified for release and is made available to everyone.
Badge +1
Morning, I double checked and I am running 7.4 not 7.2. Is there any solution to this?
Kim,

I'd recommend the post just before yours as a potential solution.
Badge
Hello I'm having the exact same problem as Jim. Never had this problem before. Advice needed. Thanks. Kim
Well, as a guess, it's the 7.2 system not handling the Dolby Digital signal properly. If I were you, I would update to 7.4, and then post a diagnostic in this thread:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/no-sound-on-certain-channels-after-system-update-today-6789926

It seems as though that particular beta release is resolving a lot of issues that have been ongoing from the Dolby Digital process. Can't comment personally, haven't had any issues on my Vizio TVs, but you can see in that thread the number of folks who have been helped.