Answered

Problem with Sonos App on different iPhones

• 15 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have just bought my second Sonos - Beam. First Sonos I have is One SL and it is located in bedroom (1st floor in detached house). Due to floors I have one router (utility room) and two access points - on each floor. All works fine, one WIFI.

When I am on ground floor I only can see Beam (living room), when I go upstairs my system reload and I can see only One SL. I understand it is because of wifi from AP (when I am in living room, system can’t see One SL from bedroom - it is in the range of AP on 1st floor). It works fine, and relod is smooth but there is a problem with my wife’s iphone. She has Sonos S2 app too and it is signed to the same account (my account). The same mail and password. But we still can’t see Beam on her phone. In the same time I see it on my phone (and by account on web by laptop, both Sonons are online) and on her iphone there is still only One SL. Why? What can we do? System “can’t see” Beam when I try to add it by her phone. Of course we are for 100% in one wifi and we have only one Sonos system. And I tried to reboot both Sonos. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 17 February 2021, 21:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi  @Łukasz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and letting us know about your concern. For your iOS devices to connect to your Sonos system, they should be connected to the same network as your Sonos. You mentioned that you only have one Sonos system, but your iOS devices seeing different rooms/speakers. This is odd. Have you tried hardwiring one of your speakers to your router? Were you able to see all your Sonos speakers in the app?

To help you out why your iOS devices unable to see all your Sonos devices in the Sonos app, it would be best to reach out to our support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device to look up the information and to perform further troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Yes, the same config. on both phones

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Has your wife given the Sonos app permission to discover devices on your network?