Question

Problem with some songs in library

• 28 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Have my music library in a NAS. When trying to play some songs, a different song plays instead.

Have a backup in a different hard drive. To check I did play these songs that I am unable to play through Sonos using the backup drive as the source in my laptop, and they play correctly.

Deleted the songs from the NAS and copied the songs from the backup to the NAS again, updated the music index and when trying to play these songs, the problem remains: when trying to play song B, song A plays instead.

Since the source (the backup drive) doesn’t have this problem, seems to me there is some corruption in my Sonos library.

Any suggestions to address this problem?

Hope I made myself clear and many thanks in advance

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @calito, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about your music library on your NAS. You may check this link on Adding Music Library on Sonos. I’d like to ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further check what could be causing the issue.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1

I think I heard of a similar problem from another user. It may help to refresh your system:

1. Unplug all Sonos devices from power
  2. Restart your router
  3. When the router is fully up running, power up your Sonos devices, starting with a wired device, if any
  4. Restart the device(s) where you use the Sonos app (laptop/phone/tablet etc)
  5. Update Sonos library
  6. Enjoy your music 🙂