Answered

Problem with Play:1s in WiFi Surround.

• 28 December 2021
  • 3 replies

I have had my 2 Play:1s connected to a Playbar for several years with no issues. The system used a Bridge wired directly to my router. I recently removed the bridge and switched to the Sonos2 app (the Bridge is not compatible with the S2 app).

Now I have no sound from the Play:1s. There is a Warning in the System Info under the Playbar listing which now states “Your wireless network will not support the use of a Sub or surrounds with your Playbar”. As stated, when using the Bridge and S1 app I did not have this problem.

Can anyone please help?

icon

Best answer by ratty 28 December 2021, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Have you perhaps disabled the WiFi adapter on your Playbar? If so, you need to enable it to allow it to communicate with the bonded Surrounds/Sub.

There is a Warning in the System Info under the Playbar listing which now states “Your wireless network will not support the use of a Sub or surrounds with your Playbar”.

Your router is not compatible. The surrounds request IP addresses via the Playbar, and some routers object to this proxied request over WiFi.

Either change your router (maybe not so easy if it’s ISP supplied) or wire a Sonos component to the network (not a home theatre surround/Sub). If it’s not convenient to wire a player then get a Boost. Your old Bridge should qualify you for a 30% discount. 

…‘A school day for me’ - thanks @ratty (I’ve not seen that one before).👍