Answered

Problem with (new) playbar won't play through TV

• 28 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Just brought a playbar already have Sonos through the whole house the old connect system speakers in celling and one play1.

Set up went OK playbar was  added to my system (maybe a mistake as I wanted playbar as just working with TV did’t want music playing through playbar just TV)

I added it to playroom which already had sonos there.

Connected playbar to TV via optical out lead went through TV settings to turn off TV speakers…...no sound through TV 

Sonos ap finds playbar but I can’t connect anymore

Can I delate playbar from sonos ap ? and start again

Any ideas

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Simon B 28 July 2020, 22:51

Hi @giovanniacanfora, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern on your Sonos Playbar to go back to TV instead of music. On the Sonos app, open up the "room" that has the TV in it, click on browse, and select TV. After that, the sounds should be coming from the TV to your Playbar. On your question about deleting the Playbar from the Sonos App, that will be by doing a factory reset to the Playbar., but we don’t suggest doing it without any troubleshooting steps made yet. You may check this link for information on No sound on Sonos Home Theater speaker.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @giovanniacanfora, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern on your Sonos Playbar to go back to TV instead of music. On the Sonos app, open up the "room" that has the TV in it, click on browse, and select TV. After that, the sounds should be coming from the TV to your Playbar. On your question about deleting the Playbar from the Sonos App, that will be by doing a factory reset to the Playbar., but we don’t suggest doing it without any troubleshooting steps made yet. You may check this link for information on No sound on Sonos Home Theater speaker.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hello,

I had another go via the app and all working now-Thanks for getting back

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @giovanniacanfora, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it already worked for you.

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos Community is always here to help