Question

Problem with my sonos one

• 28 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have 2 sonos one, 1 play5 2nd generation and 1 play base.

its been a while that i am trying to reconnect my sonos one to the system and its not working.

i tried to connect with the ethernet cable, once i connect the ethernet cable to the router it is working perfectly and when im removing the cable everything is gone, meenwhile the play5 and the playbase are working perfectly. (wirelessly)

is anyone having the same problem?????

thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Jojo 29, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. We really appreciate you taking out to share your experience with us. Regarding your concern about the Sonos One, when it’s plugged in through an ethernet cable, have you tried to do a wireless setup to have it associated with your Wireless network? You may refer to this link about the wireless setup.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

thank you for your reply.

yesterday I have tried what you have suggested and it didn't work. I have also reset the 2 Sonos and restart as new Sonos, also it didn't work.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Jojo 29, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, I’ll be asking you to submit a diagnostic report for us to be able to investigate what could be causing the issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

Hi Simon,

After submitting the diagnostic report, yesterday I have tried to reconnect to my Sonos One.

it's unbelievable, it worked as nothing happened. anyway, thank you for your help. we have to believe in magic.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Jojo 29, thanks for the update. I’m glad to hear that it is already working. 

If you need help with any other information, Please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

:face_palm_tone1: Sorry to say, yesterday again i was not able to find the 2 Sonos one L+R but as usual i was seeing the play 5 and the playbase. maybe i should wait an update???

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Jojo 29, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, Yes, you can try to have an update. You can submit a diagnostic report for us to check valuable information on what could be causing the issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

The Sonos Community is always here to help