Answered

Problem with ipad air.

• 27 October 2020
  • 7 replies

I have two iPads

ipad Air 3rd generation

ipad 6th generation

Both have the same Sonos app (the latest one), the same apple software version (14.0.1), and the same settings for Sonos

bluetooth on

local network on

background app refresh on

sonos version 12.1.1

build 60.3.81250

Sonos ID 114995034

The iPad Air is used to control a pair play 1’s and is very unreliable. Often it won’t connect, sometimes it will play but then we can’t stop or alter volume. (It works perfectly in all other ways.) The other iPad, when tried, works perfectly! How do I fix this? Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Fenderman 4 November 2020, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Fenderman, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue about controlling the Sonos App on your Apple devices. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system and how your device controllers are connected, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.   I’ll also ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• When did this issue start happening?
  • Are there any changes in the settings or updates that happened before this issue occurred?
  • Are you using a Wifi extender or Mesh Wifi system?
  • What is the make and model of the modem, router or extenders that you are using (To check for any ongoing issues or compatibility issue)

Answers to those questions will help us narrow down and know what could be causing the issue. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi, thanks for replying so promptly.

Diagnostic report number is 1530904107

The issue went from occasional to frequent when the iPads updated themselves to ios14, I can’t remember exactly when this was but a few weeks ago. No other changes to settings have been made. We don’t have any WiFi extenders or mesh system. The router is a BT Smart Hub 2.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Fenderman, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking on the diagnostic report, it shows that there are some audio dropouts and interference between your devices. Kindly check this article about Reducing Wireless Interference, and Music Service Audio stops and skips for some troubleshooting steps. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Thank you. Over the next few days I’ll try the various suggestions and will report back.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Fenderman, thanks for the update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

Hi, an update. Tried to reduce interference, moving and disconnecting various bits of equipment but didn’t seem to make any difference.

Then the iPad updated itself from iOS 14 to 14.1 and everything works ok again!

Thanks for your help and support, it is appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Fenderman, thanks for the update. I’m glad it worked after the IOS update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.