Answered

Problem streaming Apple Music

Userlevel 1
Badge

Since about 5 days ago I can’t stream Apple Music or even browse my AM library through my Sonos system. I’ve tried deleting my account via the Sonos app and reauthorizing my AM account, that didn’t help. AM results will appear in the Search screen but when I try to play them I get “unable to add songs to queue,” and when I try to browse my AM library I get the error shown in the attached screenshot. 

All other sources work, including Spotify and local Sonos library. I am also able to stream AM to Sonos via AirPlay. Is there a known issue with Sonos directly connecting to AM at the moment?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 April 2022, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

I am also a Samsung Android user who has now been unable to play my apple music on Sonos for five days now. I had changed nothing on my systems the Apple Music just stopped working through Sonos suddenly. I have tried calling both Apple and Sonos and they can find nothing wrong after I have rebooted, unistalled, and reset everything. Apple even directed me to my wireless carrier (Verizon) as my apple misic subscription comes with my wireless phone plan. Nothing has worked. This has to be a software update issue. I hope it is fixed ASAP as Apple music is the only ad free subscription I have and I don't want to pay for anything else.

Same problem here since Sunday.  Also an Android user and also have Apple through Verizon.  

I have been having the same issue for over three weeks!  I am also an Android phone and Tablet user.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

The best way to use Apple Music on a Sonos speaker: Connect your Sonos Bluetooth speaker to your iPhone, a Sonos Roam, of course! 
Open your iPhone’s Apple Music app and download all the music you want to listen… Enjoy it, relax, and forget about all these cutting off and unable to Play issues    

I have had this issue with Apple Music not playing on Sonos for a while.  It appears to login but keeps asking me to reauthorize.  I deleted the service, waited a day, and re-added it -- still an issue.  I tried doing this from multiple devices and it doesn’t fix it.

I called Sonos and they said that it’s a known problem and they have NO IDEA when it will be resolved.  At least it was an honest answer, but this is completely unacceptable.  I have invested a lot of money in 4 different types of Sonos speakers and can’t launch the one music service I use the most.  That’s ludicrous!

Probably the reason Sonos has no idea when it will be fixed is because, just like the last time this occurred, the fix needed to be done on the Apple side of things, and Sonos has zero control over Apple’s engineering staff. 

I'm having the same issue with playing or even browsing music from Apple music within my Sonos app. My other music services will work. I agree, It seems like a global issue not a local one.

Same here, Google home can authoriz apple music but not for sonos. That means sonos technical support is a problem..😡

Done the service reauth multiple times, rebooted WiFi, rebooted Sonos, I’m currently on with Sonos support and they say they don’t see an issue with my system. Downdetector.com shows higher than usual number of problems being reported, so it very well could be an AM issue, but I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same. 

This issue is still not fixed. Which is terrible! I can't play Apple Music anymore over Sonos using my Android device. 

Please fix this asap!

I am also a Samsung Android user who has now been unable to play my apple music on Sonos for five days now. I had changed nothing on my systems the Apple Music just stopped working through Sonos suddenly. I have tried calling both Apple and Sonos and they can find nothing wrong after I have rebooted, unistalled, and reset everything. Apple even directed me to my wireless carrier (Verizon) as my apple misic subscription comes with my wireless phone plan. Nothing has worked. This has to be a software update issue. I hope it is fixed ASAP as Apple music is the only ad free subscription I have and I don't want to pay for anything else.

For just 5 days? I have this issue for over a year now. 

I just reinstalled both apps on my Samsung S10 Plus (Android 12). Gave both apps all rights, including location and browsing through all my files.

Nothing works.

Still not able to play Apple Music on Sonos using Android 12.

Assuming it’s the same issue as last time, and there is no evidence to point that it isn’t, it needs to be fixed by Apple, and not Sonos. 

Having the same issue. 

A few weeks back while researching I came upon a “it will work if you have an Alexa capable speaker,” reply but I can’t find it again. 

Has anyone tried this?  Is it true? If all I need is one Alexa capable speaker to solve the problem that is one thing.  If I need to upgrade the entire system to Alexa capable speakers it is different thing.

Obviously I am hoping somebody has done this and can confirm the fix works before I spend money.

Done the service reauth multiple times, rebooted WiFi, rebooted Sonos, I’m currently on with Sonos support and they say they don’t see an issue with my system. Downdetector.com shows higher than usual number of problems being reported, so it very well could be an AM issue, but I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same. 

This issue is still not fixed. Which is terrible! I can't play Apple Music anymore over Sonos using my Android device. 

Please fix this asap!

I've had this issue for several weeks and it makes me wonder why I keep using Sonos!

Set up my system today and met with this error. As it's been an ongoing issue for months, I think I'll be sending the whole lot back for a refund since spending nearly a £1k on a system which can't play music is dumb.

Badge +17

Hi folks,

I’ve received word from our engineers that this issue should be resolved. You should once again be able to add or reauthorise your Apple Music account using Android devices.

If you’re still unable to do so, please contact our customer care team for further investigation. Please also ensure that your apps and Sonos players are all up to date before troubleshooting further.

In reply to my above query, got in touch with Sonos CS, as mentioned in the above message. 

Worked me through the workaround involving use of an iOS device and got the system up and running on my Android device first time.

Sub Mini is due any day now, so looking forward to happier days...🙃🙂