Answered

Problem streaming Apple Music

Userlevel 1
Badge

Since about 5 days ago I can’t stream Apple Music or even browse my AM library through my Sonos system. I’ve tried deleting my account via the Sonos app and reauthorizing my AM account, that didn’t help. AM results will appear in the Search screen but when I try to play them I get “unable to add songs to queue,” and when I try to browse my AM library I get the error shown in the attached screenshot. 

All other sources work, including Spotify and local Sonos library. I am also able to stream AM to Sonos via AirPlay. Is there a known issue with Sonos directly connecting to AM at the moment?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 April 2022, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

When I click on ‘View real time service status’ next to your post, it shows Apple Music as a green check mark, which, along with the lack of thousands of similar posts, suggests the issue is a local one to your system. 

I’d certainly try re-authorizing the Apple Music service in your controller by removing it completely, waiting five minutes, then adding it back in, which should force an auth with Apple. But if that didn’t work, I’d submit a system diagnostic and call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They’d be likely to pinpoint the issue in the diagnostic, and help you get back to connecting to Apple Music. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Done the service reauth multiple times, rebooted WiFi, rebooted Sonos, I’m currently on with Sonos support and they say they don’t see an issue with my system. Downdetector.com shows higher than usual number of problems being reported, so it very well could be an AM issue, but I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same. 

Same problem here. Have you been able to fix it? I’ve tried all of the above also with no success.

I guess a quick helpful test here would be to turn off ‘Sync Library’ on the Sonos controller device in the Apple Music App settings (in iOS settings), which removes the iCloud library from the device (it takes a short while to clear all library entries depending on size of library) and then switch the library back on again and see if it is working and populates the local AM App - if it doesn’t, then my thoughts are it’s likely an Apple server issue (er.. ‘perhaps’). 

Badge

Same problem here, I don't think it's an Apple Music problem, because it began after the last Sonos (controller) update.

What happened when you submitted a diagnostic, and contacted Sonos support, as I suggested above? What information did they provide?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos had no clue what the problem was, went through all the standard WiFi troubleshooting steps (which is a pain because I’m on a mesh network with three satellites so “unplugging your router” is a dreaded ask). But, it ended up being an AM issue apparently, because a few days later all the problems stopped and I’ve had no issues since

Badge

The problem stopped for me as well a few days ago. Did not change anything, but it is working again.

I had the same problem. Fixed it by changing the location setting for Sonos “to while using app”. 

Same problem here for last week or so.

I’ve ‘reauthorized’ many times, reset router, logged in/out of Apple Music app on Android several times, removed/added service to Sonos.

Still not working...

What did the folks at Sonos suggest when you contacted them?

Badge

I have a proble with my Sonos one player. When I as Alexa to play Apple Music it plays music. But when I ask for any song or artist it just says “Cannot find in Apple Music”. This has been going on for some time, Sonos told me that the problem was with Amazon but they are not responding to my requests. 

I have a problem with my Sonos one player. When I ask Alexa to play Apple Music it plays music. But when I ask for any song or artist it just says “Cannot find in Apple Music”. This has been going on for some time, Sonos told me that the problem was with Amazon but they are not responding to my requests. 

What troubleshooting steps were tried with you when you spoke to Sonos Support Staff before they diagnosed the issue was an Amazon problem? - I ask, because there’s no point in just going over the same old ground with you again, if you’ve tried the ‘usual’ things already, like removing the Sonos & Apple skills and deregistering your Sonos component devices and removing the sharing agreement etc.

Can you provide the detail of what was tried already, it might help save some time.

By the way have you tried telephoning Amazon Support? In my own experience of speaking to them in the past, I have always found them to be extremely helpful with these type of account-linking issues?

Badge

I have carried out all the recommended steps. It is an interesting situation. I have an echo input connected to a non Sonos speaker and that works perfectly with Alexa and Apple Music. My Sonos One seems to work with everything except finding songs, artists or my AM playlists. But if I ask to play Apple Music it does and the selection is clearly from music I have played before

I have carried out all the recommended steps. It is an interesting situation. I have an echo input connected to a non Sonos speaker and that works perfectly with Alexa and Apple Music. My Sonos One seems to work with everything except finding songs, artists or my AM playlists. But if I ask to play Apple Music it does and the selection is clearly from music I have played before

Yes, IIRC it’s the same if you search for tracks too in the Sonos App, the results from the Apple Music will still appear and you can select them to play. You just need to get the AM service plugin interface to work.

I am normally an iOS device user and couldn’t get the Sonos AM service to work either, but I got hold of an Android device and installed the AM app and Sonos App on that device and connected it to my (existing) Sonos system and added the AM service using that device. It worked immediately... it then also began working on every device including my iPhone/iPad. That was from one of the fixes mentioned in other threads here in the community.

The AM service has worked for me ever since I followed that fix.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Well, I’ve also experienced many issues trying to play content from Apple Music on the Sonos app, the playing is stable but I get multiple message errors when I try to select a song, skip, resume or even pause, and my Sonos Roam disconnects, I’ll attach a photo so you have an idea, O can’t get a diagnostic right now because my Roam is powered off, but as soon as anything happens, I’ll do that     

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Have have had the same problem, but Appel Music now works again, after being away from my Sonos app for approx. one day.

@Manu84 
That sounds a bit more like a local network connection issue, rather than a service issue - do you have an STP issue with your LAN router/switches perhaps🤔? - what router, or mesh system is it? Do you have switches across the LAN and are they managed/unmanaged?

Also have you tried changing the routers DNS? Perhaps try it using Google’s public DNS servers… 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Userlevel 1

Same problem here for last week or so.

I’ve ‘reauthorized’ many times, reset router, logged in/out of Apple Music app on Android several times, removed/added service to Sonos.

Still not working...

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same problem

for so many people to be having this issue, it is not a local issue to each user.  it would have to be something to do with the apple music account.  FYI if you originally setup you apple music using your phone number, apple music is going to make you switch it to an email.  i think personally that this change is what is messing with the system.

I was having this same issue on android where I would reauthorize and I would get a message that it was completed but I would be unable to browse apple music on the sonos app.

Authorizing apple music on an iPhone got me working again, I am able to browse apple music on android apple and windows after doing so.

In my case there is some disconnect on how sonos is getting authorized with apple music on android. Which seems to be the opposite of what others have experienced.

When I authorized on my iphone it went through music > safari and I had to re-enter my password. On android it will just flash a whitescreen then show its been authorized. Maybe as a work around on android you may have to uninstall the apple music app then try to authorize to force sonos to go through the web browser instead of the apple music app? Or remove the service and re-add it on the WIndows/OSX desktop app?

This issue should be fixed asap.

The thingnis Apple Music had an option to stream directly from rhe Apple Music app to Sonos. But since the last update of Apple Music it disappeared. 

The issue however is a long lasting issue. Can't play from the Sonos app for months now.

Fix this please!

I have Android 12 and Apple Music on my Samsung Phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Though it seems a bit eccentric to me to want Apple Music on an Android Phone, the problems you mention should be rectified. I am not sure though if these are Apple problems or Sonos problems. Have you asked Apple?

The last time this was an issue, it was a change at Apple that was required….

You think Apple can be contacted? 😂 Snowflake...