Problem connecting to tuneln

I have 7 Connect:Amp’s installed in my network.

On 3 of them an alarm goes off in the morning, with music from a radio station in Belgium, VRT Radio 2 Antwerpen. This works well in 99% of the cases on 2 Connect:Amp’s. On the other it doesn't work and I keep getting the Sonos signal. Have already tried adding the URL of the channel itself and then selecting it, but it works on 2 and the other doesn't either.

Details of the Connect:Amps:
Sonos OS: S1
Version: 11.4 (build 571128060)
Hardware version: 1.16.3.1-2.0
Series ID: P100

Can someone help me with this?

Kind regards,

Peter

3 replies

Just out of curiosity, have you tried swapping the physical location of that one problem Connect:Amp with another, to see if the same issue arises on its replacement.. I’m thinking there might be some external factor that might be causing the issue here, even perhaps interference, as the Sonos chime (alarm) usually takes over if the device cannot achieve a successful connection to its audio source.

Also, are all three Alarms set to go off at the same time and if so, have you tried staggering their times, just to see if all then may work correctly?

I haven't tried swapping the amps yet.

If I want to listen to the station manually, it usually works after a few tries. The app will say 'connecting' and then stop.The alarms go off at the same time.

I haven't tried swapping the amps yet.

If I want to listen to the station manually, it usually works after a few tries. The app will say 'connecting' and then stop.The alarms go off at the same time.

The fact it’s taking a ‘few tries’ to manually start the station ‘perhaps’ shows there is an issue - so it maybe interesting to swap places with another Amp to see what difference that may make.