I currently own 2 sonos moves.
I had the first Move for almost 1 year and it ALWAYS worked perfectly in WIFI (no disconnections). For about 2 months I bought the second MOVE to create the stereo pair.
I live in Italy, in an apartment building with several neighbors' wifi networks
The two speakers work perfectly in stereo pairs for about 5/10/15 minutes but then, always one of the two always disconnects and you no longer hear audio (and you can only hear the music from one speaker).
- I tried to factory reset the two speakers
- I don't have wifi extender and the wifi connection is GREAT and very fast throughout the house (fiber)
- I tried in the router to change channels 1/6/11 and rebooted
- I tried to group the speakers (not in stereo pair)
- I tried to contact the live chat several times, sending dozens of diagnostics (nothing)
- I only have 2.4ghz wifi frequency (5 ghz off)
- I tried to use different music sources (spotify, from iphone with airplay, from pc with mp3 folders ...)
- When I turn off and restart the speaker that does not emit the sound, it works for a few minutes and then no sound is heard
Support tells me there is WIFI congestion, and says SONOS BOOST is useless
Unfortunately the telephone service closes at 6pm and it is impossible for me to be at home in front of my sonos system).
I don't know what to do anymore, do you have any other ideas to make other attempts?
Thanks a lot to everyone for the advice.