PROBLEM 2 SONOS MOVE PAIR STEREO

• 9 November 2021
  • 9 replies

Hello everyone!
I currently own 2 sonos moves.
I had the first Move for almost 1 year and it ALWAYS worked perfectly in WIFI (no disconnections). For about 2 months I bought the second MOVE to create the stereo pair.
I live in Italy, in an apartment building with several neighbors' wifi networks
The two speakers work perfectly in stereo pairs for about 5/10/15 minutes but then, always one of the two always disconnects and you no longer hear audio (and you can only hear the music from one speaker).
- I tried to factory reset the two speakers
- I don't have wifi extender and the wifi connection is GREAT and very fast throughout the house (fiber)
- I tried in the router to change channels 1/6/11 and rebooted
- I tried to group the speakers (not in stereo pair)
- I tried to contact the live chat several times, sending dozens of diagnostics (nothing)
- I only have 2.4ghz wifi frequency (5 ghz off)
- I tried to use different music sources (spotify, from iphone with airplay, from pc with mp3 folders ...)
- When I turn off and restart the speaker that does not emit the sound, it works for a few minutes and then no sound is heard
Support tells me there is WIFI congestion, and says SONOS BOOST is useless

Unfortunately the telephone service closes at 6pm and it is impossible for me to be at home in front of my sonos system).

I don't know what to do anymore, do you have any other ideas to make other attempts?
Thanks a lot to everyone for the advice.

Davide

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issues. Question…who told you the Sonos Boost is useless;  or is it that you own a Boost and it doesn’t seem to be effective?

Hi

Sorry to hear about your issues. Question…who told you the Sonos Boost is useless;  or is it that you own a Boost and it doesn’t seem to be effective?

A live chat operator told me

Userlevel 7

Strange that the Boost is ineffective🤔 Options…

1. Assuming it’s the same speaker; see if Sonos will replace it as defective?

2. Try using the 5Ghz band

3. Set static IP Address for each Sonos

Hi

Yes, a ‘Boost’ doesn’t work with your Sonos Moves - what you could try though, is perhaps setting your Routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band to a channel-width of 20MHz only and try it on the least-used channel out of 1, 6 or 11 at the location where the devices are positioned in your Home.

To find the least-used WiFi channel, there are WiFi scanner applications such as ‘WiFiInfoView’ - just do a Google search for ‘WiFi Channel Scanner’ or similar, or check your controller device App Store.

Hi

Yes, a ‘Boost’ doesn’t work with your Sonos Moves - what you could try though, is perhaps setting your Routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band to a channel-width of 20MHz only and try it on the least-used channel out of 1, 6 or 11 at the location where the devices are positioned in your Home.

To find the least-used WiFi channel, there are WiFi scanner applications such as ‘WiFiInfoView’ - just do a Google search for ‘WiFi Channel Scanner’ or similar, or check your controller device App Store.

Thanks, i have tried...with 2.4Ghz WiFi band to a channel-width of 20MHz and all channels 1/6/11. Nothing same problems

Userlevel 7

Hi

@Ken_Griffiths 

Thanks. Forgot that Boost was not applicable to Move.

Thanks, i have tried...with 2.4Ghz WiFi band to a channel-width of 20MHz and all channels 1/6/11. Nothing same problems

Is it always the same Move that drops from your WiFi? If so what happens if you swap their physical locations and have you tried them in another location entirely (nearer and in direst-line to your router?) say about 2 metres away, just as a test.

Also what router is it and what other network devices are (briefly) in your setup?

Can I also ask, if you check your Sonos App in ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ what WiFi SSID’s do you have showing in that section of the App. Is there just the one network listed (your 2.4Ghz WiFi SSID) or are there any others?

Strange that the Boost is ineffective🤔 Options…

1. Assuming it’s the same speaker; see if Sonos will replace it as defective?

2. Try using the 5Ghz band

3. Set static IP Address for each Sonos

yes i will try this evening. Thanks