Privacy statement

How and where do i accept the privacy statement as i now cant use my sonos ?? Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hello Oliveangel, welcome to the community.

Have you done the update? If yes, on what controller(s)?
Also, would you mind submitting a diagnostic and replying with the confirmation number? Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic
Hi thanks for reply. I cant do anything on my sonos app ( no music , no menu ) it just goes straight to we are doing an update .. click on link to accept terms. I then get to website and thats it . I cant find anywhere to accept the privacy statement. ?!
It was a button on the desktop controller update. I had to click that for the update to continue.
Ok, thanks for your reply my controller is android ( my phone ) . I have sent message to sonos on messenger ( yesterday ) still no reply . Need this sorted ASAP !
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Ok, thanks for your reply my controller is android ( my phone ) . I have sent message to sonos on messenger ( yesterday ) still no reply . Need this sorted ASAP !
Would you be able to test with a different controller? If not, can you remove the Sonos app and download a fresh version from the Google Play store.
I havent tried but will now . Ive already deleted and installed the app on my controller no luck. Thanks for replys
Userlevel 6
Badge +14
I had an issue last night that I've never seen before - was it related to this?
My phone couldn't connect to the system at all.
I tried on the pc but that was the same - it said there were no updates available.
I rebooted the router but it made no difference.
I then went to the webpage to look at the matrix etc. and was surprised to see all my devices there and the matrix green for all devices. No physerrs of any note. I rebooted a single device and it appeared in the Apps! No others did though. To resolve I had to restart every device which, frustratingly, meant I lost every queue on every device. As each was rebooted it reappeared in the app.
Arran.
How and where do i accept the privacy statement as i now cant use my sonos ?? Many thanks You need to accept this on a desk top as it asks for confirmation , then uninstall Sonos controller on your app and then go through Google Play and installer Sonos App
How and where do i accept the privacy statement as i now cant use my sonos ?? Many thanks You need to accept this on a desk top as it asks for confirmation , then uninstall Sonos controller on your app and then go through Google Play and installer Sonos App UNINSTALL ON YOUR ANDROID i FORGOT TO MENTION
Omg, can they make this crap simple? Ive done everything my techno idiot brain can do based on what i can actually understand, (turn on, turn on, compatibility confirmation, etc) and i STILL cant connect!! Sooo frustrating. I hate this thing.
Orange92866,

Start a new thread, and let us know some details. There's a passel of people who frequent these boards who would be more than willing to help, given enough information.
same problem. all i wanted to do is use sonos and i made the mistake of installing update and a 20 page Privacy Statement popped up on my Android that has NO place to accept and i am now locked out. Only frustrating thing i have have ever had with all the Sonos components and setups.
Temporarily make the system font on your android smaller and the acceptance button will appear.
Hello I just noticed this thread and thought I this may help. I had the same problem. I have an android phone. They told me make the font smaller. That didn't work I finally was able to fix by making the display smaller and was able to find the accept button --4 days later. Hope this helps someone.