Previously Functioning System Fails To Connect After Updates

• 15 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I've seen a lot of threads about controllers not connecting but nothing quite as specific as what I'm seeing. I've got a Playbar connected to my tv via optical cable with two Play:1, a system I've had functioning for several years. I recently updated the hardware as well as the controllers on my Macbook Pro and iPhone and I can no longer connect to the system using any device. I have followed the instructions to add a player to the system, and during setup the controller finds the Playbar, gives me the serial number etc. However, I am unable to move past this step, as pressing and releasing the buttons on the Playbar essentially times out, and the Playbar can no longer be found for some reason. I have done this multiple times, reset the Playbar to the factory settings, restarted my router, etc. and nothing seems to help – stuck here every time. I have tried this from my iPhone as well as my Macbook pro, and I get the same results.

ANY ideas would be amazing. Really missing my music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You may be better off talking to Sonos support. They are pretty good.

The only thing I can suggest is if you can wire your Playbar to the router
Thanks for the quick response @Stuart_W. I'll give them a shout Tuesday when they are back in the office. Sadly hardwiring here is a little tricky.