Answered

Power outage - CONNECT AMP not working properly

• 8 August 2018
  • 4 replies

I have one CONNECT AMP which is hard wired to 8 Episode ES1750 8" speakers throughout my home. The speakers have 8-OHM. Yesterday, we had a power outage, and I came home to my Sonos system not working as desired. When I attempt to turn the volume all the way up to the speakers through the SONOS App, the volume will attempt max volume for a few seconds, but will back down to 80%. I have had this system for 2 years, and this is the first issue I have had. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 14 August 2018, 01:12

If the direct wire option didn't work I's say it is time to call Sonos phone support, that is usually the best way to get a replacement.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
What happens if you bypass your impedance matching unit and wire directly to a single pair (left and right) of speakers?
Still nothing. Case Number is 00195545. Please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If the direct wire option didn't work I's say it is time to call Sonos phone support, that is usually the best way to get a replacement.