Answered

Power cord doesn't fit in the speaker

• 6 February 2020
  • 31 replies

I just bought two Sonos One (Gen 2) speakers. The power cord doesn’t fit the speaker plug on either one. I am reluctant to push harder unless I know that this is expected. I’ve pushed quite hard; the plugs have become stuck without connecting, how much harder is normal?

Obviously, setup is halted.

Thakns

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 6 February 2020, 18:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Well, I’m glad this thread exists. Cuz I almost just returned my Sonos One, given the same issue with the cord not fitting properly. (I ended-up leaning my body weight onto the top of the speaker, and that finally got a snug connection. But it definitely felt like a flaw). According to my eyes, it’s not the flashing around the cord that’s causing any problems, but it seems like the male plugs inside the Sonos are actually slightly crooked / not straight. Really strange that Sonos would allow this kind of defect to pass through the Quality Control process.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @tonsure.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Any other physical defect have you notice with your speaker?

We will surely forward this to our higher tier to further investigate.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Just purchased 2 Sonos One SL and had the same problem with the L shaped power cord not fitting. After reading some replies, we placed the speaker on the floor on top of the cover it came in and pushed down, the plug went in all the way without much effort and now it’s flushed and the speaker sits balanced. Hope this helps!

Yes sorry I should have posted earlier,it seems that I simply didn't push the plug in hard enough. It just takes a bit of force

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Roystoys.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Glad you manage to fix the problem, sometimes it's really hard to connect the power cord especially if its just came from the box.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Didn’t have to use rubber mallet. Make a fist and hit it with the soft side of your fist. It just took me three blows. I was concerned about damaging the speaker so I held it up with my left hand against my stomach and hit it with my right fist. I also coated the rubber part of the cord with Vaseline but very lightly. Hope this helps.