Answered

Possible issue with Subwoofer Out on app version 13.2.2

• 29 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi.  I’m trying to troubleshoot why I’m not getting any bass out of (2) 3 month old Niles NI-GSBSUB-10 inground subs.  A new Crown CDi 2/600 amp is getting the input signal from the 2 different Sonos Amps I tried, as well as an older Niles amp I previously used.  At this point it really seems to be the actual subs, but I’m having a hard time believing that both subs went bad at the same exact time.  I’m very careful with volume and sub volume settings, so it would seem unlikely that the subs were blown.  Could this issue be related to a recent sonos app update? 

icon

Best answer by James L. 30 August 2021, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @steved67,

I’m not aware of any changes in our software updates that could have caused this, but I agree that it’s strange for 2 subs to fail simultaneously.

Do you have a way to test playback through the subs without using the Sonos Amps?

Or perhaps a way to swap out the cables connecting to the subs? It’s much more common for cables to fail rather than the subwoofers themselves.

Thank you for the reply.  I do NOT believe its Sonos at all.  I remembered I have a zone that has a sonos amp with the sub out going to a powered sub, and it is working fine.  I guess I’ll run a cable to one of them and try that.  I guess only other thing is the crown amp blew the subs somehow.  Thanks again.