Answered

Possible CEC issue on ARC

• 26 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Need some help or ideas here.

since a view days I see the following.

Turn on TV and sound go to ARc as expected

Turn off TV and sound stops as expected but when I tell in app to play some music (Spotify or so) System telling the it’s still sitting on TV audio (TV is off!)

As I also use Home Assistant I can see the ARC in mode playing while TV is off and nothing else is streaming at that time.

Spotted the issue asks (turn on radio) button in Home Assistant stopped working which makes sense when TV is playing ( TV is still off)

Had a longer chat with German Sonos Helpdesk today and they came back to tell me „That’s the standard“

I told it can’t be standard as also the ARC don’t go to sleep (power safe) anymore even nothing is playing. This is also monitored by Home Assistant.

ideas, help, anything?

icon

Best answer by buzz 27 April 2022, 03:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Forgot to add that today I send three times diagnostic file and one of the three persons from Helpdesk mentioned something regarding CEChe see in that diag-files. No clue.  I m 100% sure that this issue wasn’t there a few days ago. Special my wife would have told me immediately as she using this nice „Radio on“ button every morning.

What TV is it? …Perhaps check if the TV has an option called auto-power-sync, or something similarly-named alongside it’s HDMI-CEC settings to automatically power on/off connected CEC devices.

I think enabling that feature on your TV may perhaps help resolve your issue.. see this example link below from LG TV’s

https://www.lg.com/uk/microsites/tv/simplink-function

However, these things may depend on your make/model of TV - and that’s also if I’m understanding your posts here correctly, as perhaps some things may have been ‘lost in translation’ as a few of the  matters you mention are not entirely clear …to me, at least 🤔?

How long are you waiting to play music after the TV is turned OFF?

I think that if you attempt to play music immediately after powering down the TV, ARC will want to make sure that you want to switch from the TV to music. Later, I don’t  think that ARC will ask “Are you sure?”.

If CEC is mixed up, ARC will not immediately shut down. At the end of this article are some timings.

Thanks.  Will check article and test.  Thanks

What TV is it? …Perhaps check if the TV has an option called auto-power-sync, or something similarly-named alongside it’s HDMI-CEC settings to automatically power on/off connected CEC devices.

I think enabling that feature on your TV may perhaps help resolve your issue.. see this example link below from LG TV’s

https://www.lg.com/uk/microsites/tv/simplink-function

However, these things may depend on your make/model of TV - and that’s also if I’m understanding your posts here correctly, as perhaps some things may have been ‘lost in translation’ as a few of the  matters you mention are not entirely clear …to me, at least 🤔?

It’s a 7 year old Samsung curved . Worked fine with the ARC last 3month. No changes in setup or settings. 

How long are you waiting to play music after the TV is turned OFF?

I think that if you attempt to play music immediately after powering down the TV, ARC will want to make sure that you want to switch from the TV to music. Later, I don’t  think that ARC will ask “Are you sure?”.

If CEC is mixed up, ARC will not immediately shut down. At the end of this article are some timings.

Hello.

Tested and that really works. I could bet my left leg that this wasnt the case a while ago.
Why I say that…...We are runnign HomeAssitant and using various Ikea Buttons to do things (LED on/off, and so). One of them is set to turn on our main radio station and that one just stopped working right after TV was turned off.  Now with that situation is ee it workign after approx. 10 minutes.
Still strange but it´s working..
I still think thats not normal but a bit more happy.

Thanks a lot