Answered

Port only plays music in one channel

• 11 June 2022
  • 5 replies

My port only plays music through one channel (right speaker). It will work randomly through both channels. I purchased a new amp because I thought it was the problem. So all 3 amps I have used the left channel doesn’t work. It has to be an issue with the port but I can’t get with Sonos support. 

icon

Best answer by John B 11 June 2022, 12:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What exactly is the Port connected to and how is it connected? Can you post photos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Step one, swap the right and left cables on the Port if you are using the RCA connectors.

If the problem moves it is likely the Port, if not then the above answers would help.

I have the very same issue. It worked flawlessly before recent software update. 
Is there a way to turn soft update back to the previous version? 

Hi. This has nothing to do with the update so rolling back would not help, even if it were possible. 

First check that all connections are solid.  Use a different cable if possible.

Do you have any other sources beside the Port playing through your amp? 

Are you using the line in on the Port?

I have the very same issue. It worked flawlessly before recent software update. 
Is there a way to turn soft update back to the previous version? 

It’s not the software, the Port I have here is working okay and I’m sure we would see dozens, if not hundreds, of others complaining about the update, if that were the case. I would check/replace the cables to begin with as @John B above suggests.