Answered

Port only plays left channel (through both outputs)

• 19 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Like it says -- My Port is playing only the left channel of the music it’s streaming, but through both outputs.  I’ve done the obvious cable switching, power cycling, and such, but to no effect.  I still only get the one channel.

Other notes: If I put the Port into “dual mono” mode, I get both channels, but appropriately merged into a single mono signal.  I also have a pair of Play:1s, and I get proper stereo playback through them.  The Port is connecting to the network via Ethernet (I’ve tried a wifi connection, just to be sure, but the problem remains).

Weird.  Any thoughts out there?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jimatsonos 20 July 2022, 01:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi. What do you mean by the 'two outputs' on the Port? You aren't treating the line in as an output are you? Maybe that is where the right channel is disappearing?

GAAAH!!  Never mind.  I’m an idiot.  That is, I found the problem.  I knew this didn’t make any sense, but I couldn’t figure out where the problem was.  In my defense, my setup is a little complicated regarding wiring and distribution, but whatever.  Thanks for your response, and sorry for taking up your time needlessly.  I’ll close this out or delete it if there’s a way to do it.