Port drops out for a few seconds when song changes

• 27 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I have a Sonos Port that is connected to my Yamaha RX-A770. I have tried it wired and wireless but this issue remains. When one song ends and another begins (streaming from Spotify) the music stops for about 10 - 15 seconds on the Port. The rest of the speakers in the house continue playing. I’ve tried making everything wireless and tried using wired for the Port and speakers that are near an ethernet outlet. I ran a diagnostics this morning during the problem (38917787). Can someone review and provide suggestions?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @billraff

Thanks for your reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you out with this.

Based on the diagnostic, wireless interference has been detected on your Sonos Playbar and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. Also, the report shows that there's an audio dropout due to sync errors, and audio playback failure due to not enough bandwidth. There's a communication problem between your Sonos speakers and your network, either between Sonos devices and your router or between Sonos and the internet. This could be the reason why you're experiencing audio issues with your Sonos Port.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps you can do. 

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback from and observe Sonos performance.
  • Change the wireless channel on the Sonos app
    • Settings > System > Network > Networks > SonosNet Channel > Set it to 1
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run another diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. We’ll wait for your reply.  Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Badge +1

Hi Rowena. I’ll assume you meant Sonos Port rather than Sonos Playbar since I don’t own one. I’ll try your suggestions and get back to you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @billraff, thank you for your response. My apologies for the confusion. I meant your Sonos Port. We’d appreciate it if you will keep us posted on this. Submit a diagnostic report and let us know the confirmation number in your response. If you have any questions, please do let us know.