Question

Port does not work with airplay 2 from IOS neither can play directly from Spotify ( is not in the list of devices)

• 23 November 2020
  • 1 reply

1.- I bought a sonos port but it is not visible in any of my apple devices with IOS 14.1( Iphone X) IOS 14.2 (Ipad), IOS 12.4.8 Iphone 6 So I feel to have lost my money because port has the same features than my old connect. How to solve?.

2.- Also I can not play songs directly from Spotify as we did with old connect.

Please help me to solve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Juanpa, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us as well as the steps that you have performed. Let me help you out. You’re old Connect doesn’t have the AirPlay capability. You can start streaming AirPlay on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to stream your favorite music, movies, podcasts, and other audio directly to your Sonos products.

I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Have you tried to stream with other iOS devices, MacOS, or iTunes on a desktop to see if you will see your Sonos Port under available devices?
    • Note: If there is a call in progress on an iPhone, it will not discover Airplay-compatible Players.
  2. Were you able to stream music from the Sonos app?
  3. Change the wireless channel on the Sonos app
    • Settings > System > Network > Networks > SonosNet Channel > Set it to 11
    • Observe your Sonos system performance.

If you’re still having the same problem, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model for each device. Our phone support can perform real-time troubleshooting using their tools to address the issue. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.