Question

Port cutting out

• 26 October 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

i recently purchased and connected a port via line in from my computer.   when listening to computer audio the sound cuts in and out regularly.   I am using two PLAY 1 speakers.   I have set audio to compressed and this did not help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You may just need a simple WiFi refresh, by unplugging all your Sonos devices, then rebooting your router. When the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in.

Or, it could be simple wifi interference.

If neither of those solutions work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the number here.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis. 

Wind the audio delay in the Line-In settings for the Port up to 2 seconds. If that doesn’t help there are local network issues. 

I hope the Port isn’t wired to the network with its “WiFi” disabled...