Podcasts - randomly stop

• 23 December 2017
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, If you're having podcasts cut off early, and they are stored on an iOS device, you are likely running into an issue where non-Sonos AirPlay devices interrupt streaming from your iOS controller. You can bypass this by disabling AirPlay on those devices, or by disabling the auto lock on your iOS device. This setting is found in the settings menu under Display and Brightness. A better solution is to use AirPlay on your iOS device to cast to your Sonos system, here's how. You can also move your library off of your iOS device and on to a computer or NAS drive, then set up a music share. This enables you to access your music and podcasts from any controller, even when your iOS device goes offline.
Just started getting this. A particular podcast downloaded to my iPhoneX. Normally works via Sonos, and has done for a year or so. Testing it now and it’s now stopped dead 7 times in a row when I restart it. Going to try other things, but this isn’t great if I can’t play the music I actually own.🤔
just done an update. Still happening. Turned off/on...still happening. Hmmm........
Just tried a downloaded song on loop. That’s fine, and on the third play with no problem. Played my downloaded podcast again and the same thing happens after a few minutes.
On the auto-lock thing; the lock comes on with the single song. Carries on playing.
If I turn my lock off and play the long podcast, it still cuts out.

oh....and I don’t use AirPlay at all. Never have.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just started getting this. A particular podcast downloaded to my iPhoneX. Normally works via Sonos, and has done for a year or so. Testing it now and it’s now stopped dead 7 times in a row when I restart it. Going to try other things, but this isn’t great if I can’t play the music I actually own.🤔
just done an update. Still happening. Turned off/on...still happening. Hmmm........
Just tried a downloaded song on loop. That’s fine, and on the third play with no problem. Played my downloaded podcast again and the same thing happens after a few minutes.
On the auto-lock thing; the lock comes on with the single song. Carries on playing.
If I turn my lock off and play the long podcast, it still cuts out.

oh....and I don’t use AirPlay at all. Never have.

At this point I'd recommend reaching out to our phone team who can take over troubleshooting from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.