Question

Podcasts "on this device" skipping in Sonos App

• 15 December 2017
  • 7 replies

Hi - I have a Sonos system with a Bridge (connected to the router), and multiple Sonos AMP's controlling many zones throughout the home. I have absolutely no issues streaming Stitcher, Spotify, Pandora, ect. However, when I try to play podcasts (from IOS) from Sonos/Browse/ On This Device/Podcasts menu, that are either downloaded to my phone OR streaming from the cloud - I can't get further than 10 minutes before it skips to the next episode and automatically starts playing. While highly annoying, it wouldn't be as frustrating if the Sonos app at least remembered where you left off before it switched episodes! Because it doesn't, you're left scrubbing to where you 'think' you left off, which is not what you would expect from a premium product. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I too am having this issue, only started after the latest App update with Airplay 2 capability!

Very annoying, and makes podcasts' useless over sonos. Hopefully a fix is found fast!
Mine has started skipping since adding a Boost.
I have the exact same issue. Almost unusable for podcasts. Also on a mesh network. Also in the same room. Connection strength is full.

I did find, however, that if you search for your podcast in Stitcher and play it from that app - it is much more stable and usable. Not the perfect solution nor most elegant, but until Sonos resolves the “on this iPhone” input, it’s the best I’ve found.
Hey there, DRWOLFE. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Normally, dropouts are a sign of spotty network connection. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? This will help me get a clear picture of how the system is communicating on the network.

Thanks in advance!

I submitted my diagnostics about a month ago with no response to date. Any idea how long it takes for someone to respond?
I have the exact same issue. Almost unusable for podcasts. Also on a mesh network. Also in the same room. Connection strength is full.
Hi Keith - thanks for the quick response. I just submitted my network diagnostics just now: Case#8236256. Also, I have a mesh network (Eeros) and the base node is in the same room as the bridge. The strength of signal is pretty consistent throughout my home, but happy to hear any thoughts and/or suggestions! Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, DRWOLFE. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Normally, dropouts are a sign of spotty network connection. Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? This will help me get a clear picture of how the system is communicating on the network.

Thanks in advance!