Answered

Podcasts cutting out

• 18 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi there

I am experiencing difficulties when playing podcasts on my phone/iPad: the podcast will often stop playing and revert to the next podcast in the list or simply to the start if there is no other podcast queued. It has just happened and I’ve submitted a diagnostic numbered 8377574. Can you please assist?

Many thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 18 January 2018, 21:43

No problem at all. The network certainly seems a bit more stable. Remember to remove your wireless credentials just to make sure Sonos doesn't switch back to wireless for any reason. Here are the steps:

Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
Sonos Controller App for Mac: Click Sonos > Preferences > Advanced > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
Sonos Controller App for PC: Click Manage > Settings > Advanced > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.

Test out the connectivity by playing a podcast and let's find out if we still get cutouts. If you get dropouts, submit another diagnostic report and I'll be happy to take another look.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Patrick Myers. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I also appreciate the diagnostic report. It shows that Sonos is losing connection to your phone which is streaming the content over the network. The report also showed that a number of your speakers are having a hard time maintaining connectivity, in particular, the Bedroom PLAY:1. I would first recommend addressing the network connectivity problem before we test the network with streaming podcasts from your phone.

That being said, is it possible to plug one of your Sonos devices into the router? If so, please give that a shot and let us know if the issues persist. Switching from a standard wireless setup to a BOOST setup, significantly changes how data is passed along and may give you a better signal to work with. To read more about what this does, check out this article.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks Keith.

I have just wired up the PLAYBAR. Can you please check to see what the connectivity is now like? The diagnostic report is 8378967.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
No problem at all. The network certainly seems a bit more stable. Remember to remove your wireless credentials just to make sure Sonos doesn't switch back to wireless for any reason. Here are the steps:

Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
Sonos Controller App for Mac: Click Sonos > Preferences > Advanced > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
Sonos Controller App for PC: Click Manage > Settings > Advanced > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.

Test out the connectivity by playing a podcast and let's find out if we still get cutouts. If you get dropouts, submit another diagnostic report and I'll be happy to take another look.
Thank you for all your help Keith - have resettled the wireless settings. Will keep you posted on the performance on the BOOST setup.
Hi Keith

Unfortunately the same problem has arisen again: I have just submitted the diagnostic 8451836 - can you please have a look and let me know if there is anything else I can be doing to resolve the problem? Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there again, Patrick Myers. Thanks for reaching back out. The best advice I can give would be to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They can set up a remote session and take a look at the local network side-by-side with you send help pin down the source of the latency.
I am having the same issue as Patrick. I am running an iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.3) and trying to play podcasts from the iPhone is quite infuriating. This problem has persisted since I had the Sonos and I got out of the habit of trying to play them. I have a BT HomeHub 5 and Sonos Playbar, two Play1s and a sub. I hadn't previously thought of trying the support community so I am quite hopeful you guys can help. I have submitted a diagnostic report: 237161188. Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks a lot.