Answered

Podcast re-starting after pause

• 21 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Moved recently and now when pausing podcast through Sonos, it won’t allow me to resume but instead re-starts from beginning.  I assume this has something to do with my network, but can’t figure out the solution.  Any advice? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 March 2021, 13:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

What music service are you using to listen to podcasts?

I use the Apple Podcasts app. (disregard)

Sorry, i was mistaken, TuneIn is the service. 

Userlevel 7

Try removing TuneIn from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it. Also restart your phone.

I removed via Computer in Sonos preferences. Rebooted computer and phone for good measure.  : )  When i reload TuneIn, it seemed to remember my favorited podcasts.  I tried starting one, pausing and fast forwarding. It gives me the same error message: This song is not encoded correctly.

I loaded several random podcast and was able to forward and pause with no issue.  However the two podcast that i wanted still have the same issue.  Will keep playing around to see if i can fix.  

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mrgeefizzle 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.