Answered

Plays only one speaker

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello.
I am having trouble with my current setup.
I am using a technics sl-3210 record player, a sony str-d265 amp/reciever and a sonos connect and two sonos 1’s. When i play my record player only 1 speaker plays the music. But when i use a streaming service both players play in a group. Does anybody had the same issue? Or know how to fix this?

helmer
icon

Best answer by Keith N 12 March 2018, 18:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I use the router which came with my provider and it is a experia box v10 ZXHN
Userlevel 1
Badge
Sonos net is on 11 and router on 6
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would put Sonos on Channel 1 and your router on Channel 11 since that is a pretty powerful router and may be spreading across too many channels.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Allright i have did that but still no succes with the wireless connection.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
That is very strange ... we really need Sonos to look at those logs as that should tell them more as to why your network isn't keeping up.

Try this for now - goto your sonos settings...room (your connect). Click on the tab for Line-In. Set it to Compressed.

See if reducing the bandwidth with compressed at least gets it working wirelessly when using phonograph. As it is working ok with online music sounds like it is operating ok with more limited bandwidth.

Then just need to figure out what is causing Sonosnet to run slow.

I assume your router has rebooted numerous times with all the channel changing.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I already had the compressed setting because of the delay in sound is much shorter than when it is uncompressed rebooted it manualy one last time but still nothing different so i am keeping it wired for now so it works. And i don’t mind the fact that it is wired now because i replaced the play:1 but i would love it to be wireless so i can put it back to its original location. Thanks for all the help though
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, helmervanderveen, Thanks for posting and for all the effort troubleshooting thus far. Based on the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems the CONNECT is having a hard time initializing wireless communication at all. Interestingly enough, I'm not seeing any immediate hardware errors. Let's try a factory reset to ensure it's not something that can be remedied quickly. If the issue persists after the reset, please send me a PM with the following information and I'll be happy to get you sorted. Thanks again!

First and Last Name:
Shipping Address:
Contact Number:

HUGE thanks to Chris for digging in deep and troubleshooting. Much appreciated!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello

I tried the factory reset en the speaker. And still no succes. It seems i can only use one wireless speaker at a time in my current setup, because when i unplug the wire and choose that speaker first it plays music and when i add my other speaker it does not work while it was working wireless.

I am going to send you a pm today