Question

Playlists- YouTube Music and Spotify.

• 13 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge +3

With Google Play Music leaving us, the fun begins ):  I spent alot of time making Google Music playlists and I have near 1000.  So now the challenge.  What I did so far.  

*YouTube Music.  Did the transfer tool.   On YouTube Music currently there is no sorting option on desktop. But there is on mobile.  On Sonos I can only see, say, the top 70 playlists in random order, with no scrolling.  It’s a mess.  Whats going on? At least YouTube Music takes my uploaded music, which is why I chose Google Music all along.

*Spotify. Used a tool called https://musconv.com/how-it-works/ to transfer playlists to Spotify. I know there’s songs missing on each playlist because it doesn;t take uploads. On Sonos it doesn;t see my playlists at all except for a few I actually made on Spotify.  Any reason why?  AT least I can use the Spotify Connect tool to use Sonis via the Spotify app.  The problem with spotify is theres no sorting of playlists so it’s Z to A, which is how the tool exported the playlists.  Unless I start over.

Any thoughts here on the YouTube issue and generally playlists on Sonos issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pm2662, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about missing playlists, kindly check this link about the Imported playlist missing from the Sonos Music Library. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge +3

what link?  This is a specific issue with the new YouTube Music and Sonos.  Please test first before replying.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @pm2662, thanks for the update. I included the link above. Regarding on this issue, about missing playlists and song for Music services, some troubleshooting steps would be trying it on a different controller or device. another step would be removing and reading the Music service on the Sonos App. If in any cases that those won’t work. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They might ask for a screen share feature with your controller to check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge +3

So I am really having a hard time with the fact that Google Music is leaving. I have near 1,000 playlists.

What I did.

1. Exported them to YouTube Music.  But the playlist scrolling doesn’t work well in Sonos, only stops at a certtain number. and they are out of order anyway.  Needs to be completely redone by Sonos.
  2. Exported them to Deezer. Thought this would work. But look at the video, and can only scroll a few hundred playlists- looks like for me it stops at letter E. Frustrating.

I need a service that lets me upload MP3s to add to Playlists of which YouTube Music and Deezer does.  Spotify does not.  

Need help and fixes ASAP.  

WATCH VIDEO of my Phone, Galaxy 8 Android

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aaj76jns8m2ti3k/20200818_065315.mp4?dl=0

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This isn’t Sonos’ problem to solve, it is Google’s. They are unable to convert playlists between their own systems, and their YTM SMAPI service is in bad shape right now. This is what happens when you trust an advertising company with your music.

Have you tried soundiiz.com? Unlike Google, they offer the feature you need.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

Badge +3

Below is my desktop Sonos app as well, with Deezer playlists ending at E for me- it seems I can’t scroll further.  Please look into this with tech team as a good Sonos tech person would... 

I’m having the exact same issue.  I did a quick test and it looks like there are only 100 playlists that are available for YouTube Music with in Sonos.  In my YouTube Music account, I actually have 168.  

I tried deleting and then reconnecting the YouTube Music service on Sonos and again, only 100 playlists are visible.  

Further more, the service is very difficult to use.  The playlist are not sorted alphabetically, which makes it very difficult to find what you want.  In addition, when performing a search for a particular artist, the top songs section is no longer there as it was with Google Play Music.

All and all, the entire YouTube Music experience on Sonos as very poor compared to Google Play Music on Sonos.  Very frustrating. Thinking about making the jump to Google’s casting platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

All and all, the entire YouTube Music experience on Sonos as very poor compared to Google Play Music on Sonos.  Very frustrating. Thinking about making the jump to Google’s casting platform.

Before jumping to yet another ad-company-controlled platform, try iBroadcast instead. Works better with Sonos than YTM by all accounts.