Playlist scrambled when added to queue

• 16 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Contributor I
  • 8 replies

Today, I added a playlist to the queue.  The music items were in desired order in the playlist on the Sonos menu.  When added to queue they are in random order.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @WSG, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your question on arranging your songs or playlists on the queue, there's currently no option to arrange it for example in alphabetical order. You may also check if the shuffle option is turned on, that could be the reason why when you add your playlist on the queue it goes random lists of songs instead of your desired order on your playlist. You may check this article about Using the queue in the Sonos app for further information.

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge

Thank you for the answer.

Kind of peculiar.  If I add a symphony, as far as I can tell all the movements are listed in order.  If I add chamber music works they get scrambled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @WSG, thanks for the update. that seems strange that it only happens when you add chamber musics. We’ll try to take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.   They may ask for remote screen share so that they can further check what could be causing this issue and give further options on this concern. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Badge

Will do.  It’s not an urgent fix, I’ll have to pick a good time to call.  The support web page says they are handling heavy traffic with Sonos2 problems.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @WSG, thanks for the update. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.