Question

Player disappearing, can't play tracks intermittently

• 25 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I've had a Sonos system for a couple of years now - Bridge connected to WiFi router, a Connect in the same room connected wireless, and two Play 1s. Recently the system has become increasingly unreliable and the furthest away Play 1 disappears from the app on a regular basis, sometimes while playing audio which can then only be stopped by unplugging it. It's getting increasingly common and increasingly annoying. I've submitted a diagnostics report here 1450684238

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Sounds conflicting IP Addresses, try this:

Unplug all Sonos
Unplug all other wireless and wired clients
Unplug your router
Unplug your modem
Plug in your modem_let it come up
Plug in your router_let it come back and make sure W-iFi is active
Plug in your Bridge_let it come back
Plug in All Sonos one by one and allow each to connect
Plug in other wireless clients one by one_allow each to connect
Plug in other wired clients

This should resovle your issues. If not you may want to set Static IP Addresses for Sonos clients

Good luck and Cheers!
Hi - thanks for your reply - I've tried that, and I've now assigned static IP addresses to all the Sonos equipment (.201 for the bridge, .202-204 for the players) and I still have some problems. It seems to be the "Master Bedroom" player which is the problem, I often can't play things on it and it seems to me that if other players are working, if I add this player to the group, they start acting strange as well - any idea why that might be happening?