Answered

Playbase works over ethernet but not Wifi

Was not able to connect to my Sonos Playbase through the Sonos iOS app/ Mac OS app.
Tried restarting, restoring to factory settings but the Playbase is not able to connect to wifi. I even reset my router for good measure.

During the setup sequence the Playbase was not able to start its own wifi. So I assume the wifi module has stopped working. All works fine while connected though the ethernet cable.

Sonos, I submitted a diagnostic 2011008588
Can you please advise if this is fixable ?
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 February 2019, 23:03

jnawasra wrote:

Was not able to connect to my Sonos Playbase through the Sonos iOS app/ Mac OS app.
Tried restarting, restoring to factory settings but the Playbase is not able to connect to wifi. I even reset my router for good measure.

During the setup sequence the Playbase was not able to start its own wifi. So I assume the wifi module has stopped working. All works fine while connected though the ethernet cable.

Hi jnawasra,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see that there is an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
jnawasra wrote:

Hi jnawasra,

Welcome to the community. In your diagnostic report I see that there is an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings