Question

Playbase wifi no longer functioning.

• 28 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I already have a pretty good idea of what's wrong from looking through community topics but I'm going to ask anyway.   

I have a playbase set up via wifi in a home theater setup with 2 sonos ones + sub.   I had no issues for almost a year.    A few days ago I noticed the sonos one google voice assistant was not functioning.  Looking into the app, it showed 3 errors (? +sub+LS+RS) .  The playbase was missing,  even though it was still functioning (sending sound from my tv)... but surrounds and sub no longer working with the playbase.

I rebooted the playbase, no luck.  I factory reset the playbase, no luck. I got the green flashing LED,  but the add product option in the S2 app would not find the playbase no matter what I tried.

Finally I ripped my mesh wifi system apart and rigged it up to the playbase via ethernet and voila the playbase was found immediately.  So I removed all the units I have and reconnected everything to the playbase and all was good.  I then change from wired back to wireless via the app and all still seems fine (no errors, etc)...  I then unplug the ethernet cable assuming all is back up and running but no...  playbase disappeared again and I'm back to square one.   Repeating this twice, I find it definitely won't work unless the playbase is wired via ethernet.

Must say I'm a little disappointed as I believe the wifi card is shot, as I've seen happen to many on here.  

I submitted a diagnostic report.  931201136

Can anyone confirm for me this is another wifi card failure?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @Pree83 

Wi-Fi is possible as are other considerations (not to mention a failing NIC). However, since you have submitted a diagnostic I suggest you wait for a response as they have the tools to make a proper analysis. We in the forum can only speculate and possibly waste your time with troubling steps; especially if if turns out that it is a faulty NIC.  You might also consider calling Sonos Tech support for a more expedient answer to your inquiry.

Thank you @AjTrek1 

Just letting everyone know, it was indeed a defective wifi card.  Got in touch with a service rep today (no wait), and 10 minutes later a replacement is now on its way.   Good service.