Answered

Playbase wifi issue?

• 30 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello, I need help with diagnosing the problem with my system.

I have an issue with my Playbase suddenly not being present in my system. There have been no changes to my household wireless router when the problem occurred.

My system is a Playbase (4 years old), a Sub(Gen 2) and 2 surround Play 1 speakers.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps to reconnect it but without success. (The sonos app cannot connect to the temporary wifi network from the Playbase when the amber light was flashing on the unit.)

The only way the Playbase appears in my system on the sonos app is when an ethernet cable is plugged in. But then when I try to reconnect the Surrounds and the Sub to the Playbase there are connection issues. The app says there was trouble connecting the Surrounds, but surprisingly the Surrounds do actually play sound with the Playbase after that notification. When I then try to connect the Sub it similarly says there was trouble connecting but no sound comes from the Sub. When I try to disconnect the Sub it says there was trouble trying to disconnect and it takes 2 attempts to disconnect it. The only way I can connect the Sub to the Playbase is when both are connected with an ethernet cable to the household router.

I can also connect the Surrounds and the Sub together as one system using wifi. So it appears to me that the Playbase wifi has failed.

So currently for me to play the same sound from all of my units at the same time I have the Playbase connected to ethernet cable and assigned “Family Room” and the L+R+Sub on wifi  and assigned “Lounge”. I then select both rooms to play the same sound on the sonos app.

I have just submitted a support diagnostic report. The confirmation number is 2130501909. This is with my system being split into the Family Room and the  Lounge.

Do you require a diagnostic report with the L+R+Sub failing to connect to the Playbase?

Regards

Richard

icon

Best answer by James L. 30 April 2021, 09:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Molton,

Unfortunately, it does look there’s an issue with your Playbase’s wireless card. Please get in touch with our customer care team who will explore what options are available for you.

Thank you for confirming James and appreciate the quick response.

Regards

Richard