Answered

Playbase WiFi connection permanently(?) lost

Hi,
I have a TV surround setup with Playbase, 2 x Play:1 and a Sub which has been working perfectly fine for 3 weeks.
A couple of days ago the Playbase lost the WiFi-connection; TV sound through optical still works but the surround sound is lost since the Playbar cannot find the other speakers.

I've tried rebooting the Playbar several times, and I've rebooted the router, without success.
When I removed the Play:1's and the Sub from TV-setup they all popped up as standalone units in the Sonos app, so they are fine.

If I wire the Playbar to the router directly with a cable the surround is re-established so I'm pretty sure something's wrong with the WiFi connection.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Best regards
Martin Hallberg
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 9 July 2018, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Same issue: 1691600900...Any help would be great.
Same issue too, only affecting playbase. Diagnostics report 1446343084.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi barrowdp and paulgreen43,

Thanks for sending in your diagnostic reports. There looks to be an issue with the wireless on your speakers. Please call up our phone team and they'll help get you sorted out. Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Yep. My Playbase WiFi has gone too. Diagnostic sent.
Yep. My Playbase WiFi has gone too. Diagnostic sent.
You might get support quicker on Twitter (@SonosSupport) or Facebook at the weekend so I would try there as it is 24/7 Support. They will need your diagnostic submission reference number. HTH.
Same problem here. Suddenly the wifi is gone on my Playbase. Diagnostics report 60304558
Same problem here. Suddenly the wifi is gone on my Playbase. Diagnostics report 60304558
As it is the weekend, I would contact Sonos Support via Twitter. See below link:

Contact Sonos Customer Care
CLICK HERE
Hello, I am having the same issue as everyone else here. I have tried resetting everything and I have only been able to send through a diagnostic when connected to the router : 2051515656
Please can someone come back to me urgently with what I can do?
Thank you
Matthew
Faulty wifi module confirmed. Very quick response and resolution via Twitter.
Great support Sonos!
Faulty wifi module confirmed. Very quick response and resolution via Twitter.
Great support Sonos!

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know the outcome. Glad to hear that things are in the process of being sorted.
Sorry, Report sent
Sorry, Report sent

Have you contacted Sonos Support via Twitter. The support service there is 24/7. See below link:

Contact Sonos Customer Care
CLICK HERE
Don’t do Twitter. Or I would have posted there lmfao
Hi after a couple of months of excellent performance, all of a sudden my PLAYBASE can't connect to the wireless network anymore. After multiple resets, wired connection works but not wireless etc it still could'nt connect to the wireless setup. I have a feeling this is a wireless card failure.

PLEASE HELP ME DIAGNOSE: 361725412
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi after a couple of months of excellent performance, all of a sudden my PLAYBASE can't connect to the wireless network anymore. After multiple resets, wired connection works but not wireless etc it still could'nt connect to the wireless setup. I have a feeling this is a wireless card failure.

PLEASE HELP ME DIAGNOSE: 361725412

Hi migscruz,

Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like there's an issue with the wireless card on your PLAYBASE. Please reach out to our phone team who can help out from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Hi Jeff S, Im based in Singapore and the person asked me to get a confirmation from Sonos on the technical failure of my wireless card so they can proceed with the product exchange asap. Let me know how can I go about this thanks
Hello,

I’m experiencing issues similar to what others have reported in this thread.

One day, the PlayBase just stopped working. When I attempted to reconfigure it, I could not get it to connect to WiFi. The only way I could get it to work was to plug it in using an Ethernet cable. But then, the problem is that I can no longer use my Sonos One pair for surround sound.

I have submitted a diagnostics report: 2026780314.

Please advise. Really want to watch movies this weekend!
Hi, I have experienced the same symptoms as others above.

The Playbase will play tv and music audio if connected by Ethernet, but will now not play anything on the 2 surround Ones. I tried to connect the playbase by WiFi which it now cannot do.

Diagnostic report number: 585301276

Please can you help me work out what’s happening and advise how I might fix it? Thanks