Answered

PlayBase Unable to Connect via WiFi

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies
My playbase will not connect to the WiFi network it was running on previously. I have run all the troubleshooting possible and I am certain it’s a hardware failure of some sort. I have already submitted a diagnostic report with the following fee #1464472888.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 14 February 2019, 17:23

cruxes wrote:

Pls see attached pic#1 showing it’s enabled! And this was done repeated times. Kindly confirm that the diagnostic report states otherwise? I have done disable and enable a minimum of 7-8 times. The last known active position being enabled.

Thanks for sending in the new report. By enabling the wireless on the Playbase, it allows us to see that there is an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20
cruxes wrote:

My playbase will not connect to the WiFi network it was running on previously. I have run all the troubleshooting possible and I am certain it’s a hardware failure of some sort. I have already submitted a diagnostic report with the following fee #1464472888.

Hi cruxes,

Thanks for sending in the report. It doesn't look like there's an issue with the Playbase's wireless card from your report. I do notice that the Playbase's wireless has been manually disabled. Try re-enabling the wireless on the Playbase by heading into the Sonos app's settings menu, then going to room settings for your Playbase. In the advanced room settings you'll find the option to enable the wireless on the Playbase.

Send along a fresh diagnostic report if you're still having issues.
I am unable to connect to the wireless network. Attachement Pic#1 is the error msg I see after trying to connect wireless setup up. This was done with both Ethernet cable plugged in and out with the same error msg out come. Kindly keep in mind, that the WiFi network the same network which is being used by my phone/iPad and all this devices works fine are able to connect and disconnect as normal.
In attachment Pic#2(Report #691937258) is the Sonos system with the Ethernet cable disconnected. Attachement Pic#3(Report #501748475) is with the Ethernet cable plugged in.
In addition, multiple WiFi reset and Sonos system setup has been carried out to no avail.
Pls advice what else can be done! As this issue has been really frustrating as an end user. Especially when the local distributor says that all communication has to go back to Sonos directly.
If you’re interested in a more timely response, Sonos does offer 24/7 support via Twitter (and perhaps Facebook?), rather than waiting until tomorrow before the moderators return to the forum. Click on Contact Us at the bottom of this page.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, cruxes. In Jeff's previous post, he instructed you as to how to reactivate the wireless ability on the PLAYBASE. From your latest response, I did not see any suggestion that this had been attempted. Can you try that before anything else?

Jeff S wrote:

Try re-enabling the wireless on the Playbase by heading into the Sonos app's settings menu, then going to room settings for your Playbase. In the advanced room settings you'll find the option to enable the wireless on the Playbase.

Pls see attached pic#1 showing it’s enabled! And this was done repeated times. Kindly confirm that the diagnostic report states otherwise? I have done disable and enable a minimum of 7-8 times. The last known active position being enabled.
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
cruxes wrote:

Thanks for sending in the new report. By enabling the wireless on the Playbase, it allows us to see that there is an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings