Answered

playbase surrounds keep dropping off

• 9 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Diag 1523830504

Playbase with 2 lamp surrounds 

Surrounds drop off restarting play brings them back or turning them off /on on the app 

Is this a. Network issue ?

Have a boost and other speakers wired as well so in sonosnet mode 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 September 2022, 15:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The ‘bonded’ surrounds (and sub) in a Sonos Home Theatre setup connect directly to the main HT master, usually using a 5Ghz ad-hoc wireless connection, which in your case is the Playbase.

I would ensure it’s WiFi is not being interrupted by anything else nearby on that wifi band and the best thing to try initially, is to power-cycle the Playbase, rather than it’s surrounds. That usually resolves these type of connection issues.

There are a few routers that struggle to handle IP addressing for surrounds because (as Ken has said) they connect through the main HT speaker.  I am not sure whether it would help to reserve IP addresses in your router for all your Sonos devices, but it would certainly do no harm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jphenrick 

Thanks for your post!

Your diagnostics indicate that there is a Gateway Mismatch, meaning that across your Sonos system some of your devices disagree about which IP address on your local network is the DHCP server. This likely means you have (at least) two devices on your network that are acting as routers. This most commonly happens when a mesh WiFi system is added to an existing router, as the main mesh node will act as a router unless told not to do so.

For more information, and for links to guides on resolving this issue, please check the Mesh Networks section of my troubleshooting article:

I hope this helps.

Edit: I couldn’t tell much more than that as the relevant sections of the diagnostic were missing, due to the problem I mentioned above.

Badge +1

Thank you I will take a look at my mesh network settings