Question

Playbase suddently won't connect to WIFI anymore.

• 30 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi community / support,

I’ve had my sonos playbase working on my home network (wired and wifi) with no issues for 3 years or so.

Noticed here the other day that the playbase wifi in fact wasn’t working any more. sound from TV via optical cable worked just fine but I noted that when I tried to stream audio to the unit that the playbase wasn’t part of my surround setup anymore (SUB 1st gen, 2x Sonos:one).

I’ve since tried different factory reset scenarios trough the wired connection but still haven’t managed to get wifi working again. Ethernet/wired still works fine on the playbase but I need the wireless setup in my livingroom. This has been working just fine the past few years.

I’ve read the different threads with users having the same wifi issue across the products but with the playbase especially. I don’t know what to do atm. I’m suspecting that the wifi unit/chip on the playbase is now faulty. I certaintly hope not.

What to do now?

I’ve run the diagnostics and it’s submitted. The number is: 482121772

Regards

Jan Jensen

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Ezkimofo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and for submitting a diagnostic. Allow me to share some information to help.

I would like to share with you the information indicated on the submitted diagnostic. Based on the provided diagnostic your Sonos Playbase indicates a wireless card failure. I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. Please provide the diagnostic number you have noted above to the technical support team. (8482121772).

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,