Answered

PLAYBASE + SUB with LG OLED55C7V

• 19 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi all,

Recently brought a PLAYBASE + SUB and looking for some help with the setup to my LG 4K TV. The model is OLED55C7V.

I have everything hooked up and the Playbase contacted directly to the TV with optical. My question is, what settings should I have selected on the TV?

I have the sound out option set to Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC). Then there is an option for Auto or PCM

I have also read about changing settings within DTV Audio Settings and the AV Sync Adjustment and select bypass?

Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Paulw123 20 November 2017, 10:49

You want auto on the tv.
You can turn the internal speakers off, or just turn the tv volume down to zero with tv remote.
Your problem comes when you try to feed sonos with audio format above DD5.1, as it won't understand. In these cases, if you get no sound out at all, change TV to PCM and you should get stereo or simulated surround.
That's some things for you to try anyway......
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Anyone with an LG TV help with this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You want auto on the tv.
You can turn the internal speakers off, or just turn the tv volume down to zero with tv remote.
Your problem comes when you try to feed sonos with audio format above DD5.1, as it won't understand. In these cases, if you get no sound out at all, change TV to PCM and you should get stereo or simulated surround.
That's some things for you to try anyway......
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks Paul. Any idea about the Bypass setting within AV Sync Adjustment?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
That sounds like adjusting the sound and video timings so that lips appear in sync.
I would leave that alone, until you see a problem with the sync.
I use optical from OLED B6 to my sony AVR.
My OLED55B7 needs avsync set to -3 or -4 for lip sync to be even close