Playbase only intermittently works with Airplay

• 14 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I frequently have to restart my MacBook to be able to output my system audio to the Playbase. I can select the playbase (Living Room in screenshot) but hear nothing regardless of set volume.
I do not experience this problem with the One. Same network. Not grouped. macOS 10.12.6

5 replies

Interesting. May I suggest that you also submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Interesting. May I suggest that you also submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Thanks, I'll submit the diagnostic.
It took the day to deteriorate but now I'm having the same problem with the One. This was working just fine yesterday with both speakers.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Five months and counting with this intermittent issue. It affects two Ones and a Beam. Diagnostic number is: 1015179830.
Badge
I know this an old thread but thought I’d resurrect it as I’m having a similar issue. I can airplay to my Sonos One but there are issues when I try to do the same to my Playbase. It thinks about it for 60 seconds or so and then tells me that it could connect. No issue whatsoever when playing the same content through the Sonos App.

Diagnostic is 1596939130

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Yes, this issue is still alive and present. Upgrading to OSX 13.6 helps but does not completely solve the problem. It is reproducible on the MacBook pro with Sonos One and the Sonos Beam speakers.