Answered

Playbase losing WiFi

My Playbase is losing the WiFi connection ever since the last Sonos update. Two Play:1 units are working fine. Done everything: powercycle the Playbase, powercycle the router and access point. Usually the Playbase shows up in the app for a while and drops again.
Works fine with Ethernet cable. WiFi interference is not an issue, usage of the WiFi channel is low. I have seen many reports on similar issues here and I fear there may be a hardware issue.

Diagnostics report submitted, confirmation number is 1371389065.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 16 May 2019, 16:46

Hi Jeff,
You are correct, but I have had this setup from the beginning without any issues. Ever since 10.1 was installed the Playbase started to lose the connection. Now 10.2 has been installed and the issue seems to have gone away. Stable for almost 24 hours now.

Thanks for your help.

I'd recommend reaching out to our phone team who can take over troubleshooting this live. Please give us a call, you can find our number here.
View original

11 replies

While you wait for someone to look at that diagnostic, did you happen to have the PLAYBAR unplugged while you rebooted the router? I'm wondering if it may be a duplicate IP address issue, which could be addressed by doing that.

The other concern is, of course, the contention is that wifi is not an issue. While you have control over what your local wifi situation is, it is unfortunately affected by a multitude of things outside your control, such as proximity of other electric devices, neighbors using the same wifi channel, etc. But I suppose that might show up in the diagnostic.
Thank for replying. There is no duplicate IP address issue, no WiFi contention. I use DHCP reservation for my Sonos devices. And I can check the channel usage on my network equipment.
Then we wait for someone from Sonos to look at your diagnostic. Good luck!
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Either wait and hope for a Sonos reply here or directly contact Sonos support, the Contact page has options, just make sure your country is properly set.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Playbase is losing the WiFi connection ever since the last Sonos update. Two Play:1 units are working fine. Done everything: powercycle the Playbase, powercycle the router and access point. Usually the Playbase shows up in the app for a while and drops again.
Works fine with Ethernet cable. WiFi interference is not an issue, usage of the WiFi channel is low. I have seen many reports on similar issues here and I fear there may be a hardware issue.

Diagnostics report submitted, confirmation number is 1371389065.

Hi souris,

Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like you have a couple wireless access points that are running on different wireless channels. This makes it hard for your Playbase, connecting through one access point, to communicate with your other speakers, which connect through a different access point. Try changing all of your Ubiquiti nodes to the same wireless channel and see if that helps.
Hi Jeff,
You are correct, but I have had this setup from the beginning without any issues. Ever since 10.1 was installed the Playbase started to lose the connection. Now 10.2 has been installed and the issue seems to have gone away. Stable for almost 24 hours now.

Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help.

I'd recommend reaching out to our phone team who can take over troubleshooting this live. Please give us a call, you can find our number here.
My playbase is not able to connect to home network
Here’s my diagnostic report. Please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jobin,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your Playbase seems to have an issue with its wireless card. Our phone team can take over from here, please give us a call.
Hi Jeff,

The issue was actually resolved via Twitter. Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm glad to hear they got you sorted.