Playbase keeps disconnecting from network

• 27 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello,

our Sonos Playbase keeps dropping out of the network. We tried both wifi and ethernet, nothings seems stable. Even tried to do a factory reset, without any success: We aren’t able to setup the playbase via wifi, the setup works with ethernet but is equally unstable. The device shows a pulsing white light. Our setup also includes a SYMFONISK and a Play:1, which work fine (via wifi).

I also submitted a diagnostics report: 1260925101

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Thank you @Scarysize. I want to take a deeper look here. I am going to send you a private message so I can gather a bit more information. 

Badge

Did another reset:

It’s pulsing white while the button is pressed for the reset, then it’s changing to white-orange (releasing the button now), it switches to pulsing green after a few seconds. It now pulses green for about a minute, then pulsing white for about 10 seconds, then back to green….🔁

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I know you reset it before. However, I am interested in what the LED light does during the reset, and after the reset. Does it flash white non stop, or does it change to flashing green? 

Badge

Hey @Richard F. I tried the factory reset multiple times; I also did one before testing the solution @Airgetlam proposed. Still unstable :(

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello @Scarysize. Welcome to the Community. At first glance, it does seem like an IP conflict like Bruce mentioned. However, I think it may be something a bit more then that. How long does the LED light pulse white for; is it indefinite?

If the light is flashing white non stop. Please reset your Playbase back to factory. Does the LED light change to a flashing green, or does it remain flashing white? 

Badge

If you’ve tried both wired and wireless, with no change, I’m going to suggest a potential duplicate IP address. Try unplugging all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in, and see if the issue is still there. 

That didn’t help either. Sonos keeps disconnecting even during the setup. I’ve had the admin panel of my router open during the setup and could see the connection dropping every few seconds. Also there is no IP address collision.

If you’ve tried both wired and wireless, with no change, I’m going to suggest a potential duplicate IP address. Try unplugging all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. When the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in, and see if the issue is still there.