Answered

PlayBase Funny Business

• 14 August 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Playbase, 3x play 1, & sub.
I have 1x play1 on my covered patio - works great.
I had the Playbase, 2x play1, & sub set up as a room.
The 2x play 1 and sub stopped playing.
They still showed as part of the room but would not play.
I removed them, tried to re-add. Got Errors adding them back.
Unplugged them to reset. Still got errors.
I reset the controller from the app.
Tried to set up a new w/the play base, when i got to the "sonos" local network wifi step the "sonos" network did not appear in my iPhone settings.
I connected the playbase to my router, tried to set up new room, no luck. errors adding additional speakers.
Created a new room added the 2x play 1 and Sub. They work.
This is clearly just a workaround - when I group the playbase w/my play1/sub room the audio is out of sync slightly.
it's seeming like there is an issue w/the wifi board in the playbase?
a few mins later, the patio room & the workaround room disappeared from the sonos app. restarted the app and they're back but the "surround" room audio cuts in and out.
I literally had zero problems w/this system until now. I purchased it all just this past winter. The initial setup took like 20 mins and i've been troubleshooting for like 4 hours today. Not rad.
What now?
I submitted a diagnostic: 47906702
icon

Best answer by Nicholas_Wray 14 August 2018, 18:59

Contacted Customer Support, The WIFI card in my Playbase went out. It is under warranty and they're taking care of it.
Amazing customer service!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Contacted Customer Support, The WIFI card in my Playbase went out. It is under warranty and they're taking care of it.
Amazing customer service!