Playbase constantly disconnects

• 22 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi. My playbase disconnects from my system constantly.  I have rebooted, done numerous factory resets and readded it only to have it disconnect. Yes the lights flash the correct colors on reset. I have tried wireless and wired.  I have rebooted my router numerous times including shutting off the system. The admin panel on my Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro does not indicate an IP conflict. I have 3 play 5’s in various places, a playbase, subwoofer and two play 1’s on a TV in a different room, a connect in my office and a powered connect driving an outdoor systems. My home network is very high-end with3 commercial Ubiquiti AP’s and 2 home AP’s to extend to patios. Sometimes it is easy to reconnect and sometimes very hard. I updated the firmware recently one of the times it reconnected.  I am exasperated. Please help. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Perhaps see if the following suggestion assists (taken from another thread here in the community):

• In the Settings tab, click Wireless Networks.
  • Click Edit next to the network SSID.
  • Expand Advanced Options.
  • Uncheck Block LAN to WLAN Multicast and Broadcast Data.
  • In the Settings tab, click Sites.
  • Disable Auto-Optimize Network.
  • In the Networks tab, please enable IGMP Filtering/Snooping

Remember to apply/save settings.

Ken, thank you so much for your fast reply. The settings you mentioned make a lot of sense. Just as I was enabling them my wife and I discovered the ethernet jack on my playbase had a short. If the playbase was moved or the cables moved the connection dropped.  I got a dental pick and carefully pulled the ethernet jack tines up, plugged in and got a consistent connection. A few minutes later my playbase was back in my sonos system. Problem solved. I really appreciate you taking the time to research and find what actually are meaningful settings on the UDM. I made some notes in case I need to go back!