Answered

Playbase can't connect with my 2 play 1's

Badge
I've tried everything, resetting everything, removing app, restarting router, fully reset speakers, reïnstalled everything countless of times, and i'm getting really annoyed for spending this much money while it doesn't work. It worked before, but suddenly it doesn't work anymore. I'm having this problem for months now but haven't had the time to fix it. But this is not fixable by me.

What am i supposed to do to have this working again. with both the tv and the app?

It seems like the playbase will connect with an ethernet cable plugged into it, but it won't couple with my play 1's, no description of what's wrong, it just says, can't connect.

Please help.
icon

Best answer by MattHorizon 5 May 2019, 18:26

First of all, i want to thank you all for trying to help. Didn't had much responses a few years ago. I contacted the support department, and they are going to replace my playbase becouse there seem to be a hardware issue.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Badge
Right now i have everything connected, The music from the app is coming through the playbase, and when i switch to tv too. both my play 1's dont make any sound, but i can change volume with the buttons..
What is wired? What is wireless? If you temporarily wire all of the SONOS units, what happens?

"Can't connect" usually indicates some sort of fundamental networking issue.

But, at this point we should not assume that the problem must be [...] or cannot be [...] or we will likely be blindsided.
What source are you attempting to send through the PLAY:1's?
Badge
I can't wire all my sonos products becouse my router doesn't have enough ports for that. it wan't literally what it said becouse i have my app in Dutch, but it just indicates an installation problem, not mentioning anything. I do still have my playbase wired and works like normal, unless i pull out the network cable.

The weird part is that i can control volume with the play 1's but they just don't emit any sound
Badge
The same source as my playbase, both tv and app.
Badge
Just want to point out that both speakers do work on their own or in pair
Hi. It sounds like one of two things to me. Either you have disabled wireless on the Playbase, or the Playbase has a defective wireless radio.

Can you confirm that in the room settings for the Playbase, under Advanced Room, WiFi, you have the 'enable wifi' button selected please?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Are you trying to add them as Surround speakers?
As a test, you could disconnect some other units from the router in order to allow the SONOS system to be fully wired.
Note that if the PLAY:1's are used as a standalone pair of speakers and they are muted, you can adjust their Volume using the controller App and they will remain muted. If you adjust the Volume using the touch pads, the speakers will unmute.
Badge
Hi. It sounds like one of two things to me. Either you have disabled wireless on the Playbase, or the Playbase has a defective wireless radio.

Can you confirm that in the room settings for the Playbase, under Advanced Room, WiFi, you have the 'enable wifi' button selected please?
It's enabled on all speakers
Badge
Are you trying to add them as Surround speakers?
Yeah and it's fails to do that, don't get a reason why.

As a test, you could disconnect some other units from the router in order to allow the SONOS system to be fully wired.
Also don't have enough cables for that. i basically have 1 for the playbase right now, and 1 for my pc. Can't unplug my pc cable becouse i have a hernia.

Note that if the PLAY:1's are used as a standalone pair of speakers and they are muted, you can adjust their Volume using the controller App and they will remain muted. If you adjust the Volume using the touch pads, the speakers will unmute.
They don't seem to be muted.
I would submit a system diagnostic from Advanced Settings and post the number back here. Or send it to Sonos 24/7 social media support. You might as well eliminate the hardware failure possibility before spending any more time troubleshooting.

The fact that Plsybase needs Ethernet to connect, and P:1s can't connect to Playbase makes a radio failure seem very plausible to me.
Badge
I would submit a system diagnostic from Advanced Settings and post the number back here. Or send it to Sonos 24/7 social media support. You might as well eliminate the hardware failure possibility before spending any more time troubleshooting.

The fact that Plsybase needs Ethernet to connect, and P:1s can't connect to Playbase makes a radio failure seem very plausible to me.

Have you checked your boxes? PLAY:1's include a network cable.
Badge
Have you checked your boxes? PLAY:1's include a network cable.
oh i forgot about those. these are some fancy looking cables, never seen flat ethernet cables. anyway, i got the hooked up
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
What colour lights show on the 1’s? Solid or flashing?

It might be worth factory resetting them, then try again from the “Add new speaker” stage.
Badge
First of all, i want to thank you all for trying to help. Didn't had much responses a few years ago. I contacted the support department, and they are going to replace my playbase becouse there seem to be a hardware issue.
Badge
What colour lights show on the 1’s? Solid or flashing?

It might be worth factory resetting them, then try again from the “Add new speaker” stage.

I have resetted them tons of times, right now they are solid white. but the support department stated a hardware issue in the playbase. don't know if it is a known issue in the first line, becouse i was one of the first in the netherlands to have one.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Sorry there’s a fault, but glad it’s identified and, in effect, resolved.
There isn't a known issue, you have just been unlucky to have a wireless radio fail. Glad it's being sorted out.