Hi All. Broken Playbase here...
I can't connect to my Playbase anymore. I was listening to music and then it just stopped. Now I'm unable to connect to it via the app. Have followed the following troubleshooting steps:
1) Removed Playbase from group (with 2x Play 1's) to see if it worked on its own - It didn't
2) Rebooted the App + Playbase - Still not appearing
3) Tried to connect Playbase to Router via Ethernet instead - Still not appearing
4) Factory reset the Playbase
5) Tried adding it back to my Sonos app - Would not find it
6) Tried to add it back using a direct Ethernet cable - Still would not find it
As its stands I can't even connect to it to run/submit a diagnostic - Prior to the factory reset the speaker was still working connected via optical cable from my TV but I had zero networking capability or ability to customise the sound, create a group etc... Since the factory reset its no longer working as a speaker now (presumably because its not been 'setup')
At first I figured this was a similar issue to what others have had (faulty wireless card) but mine seems to be affecting all networking, Ethernet too.
Any ideas what I can do? Its just a very expensive black box at the moment.
(Playbase bought directly from Sonos, July 2017)