Answered

playbars turning off during setup

• 22 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Both my Playbars keep turning off during setup. Out of the blue yesterday my living room Playbar disconnected from network and white light went out. The TV will still play sound through the Playbars but they aren’t recognized by the controller (no white light). I’ve tried all permutations of factory resets and adding product as well as find my product. In each case it will go orange and sometimes will set up its network so I can connect to “Sonos” but ultimately it seems to time out by flashing white like once and then shutting off (no lights). 

I have also tried this with both S1 and S2 apps. This isn’t my first Sonos rodeo. I’ve done everything short of taking it off the wall and plugging directly into router. The problem seems to be associated only with my two Playbars. 

icon

Best answer by Simon B 25 June 2020, 16:17

Hi @uscerin, thanks for all the details that you've provided. I guess we'll just wait for the response of the engineering team.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

If there's any other issue you're having, feel free to reach out.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @uscerin, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for doing some troubleshooting steps as well on trying to resolve the issue. Regarding your concern about your Sonos Playbar turning off during set up, we would like to ask you to Submit a Diagnostic Report so we can further investigate the status of your whole Sonos system to check where the issue is coming from.

Thanks, Simon. I called Sonos and after much time waiting on hold and an hour or so of the technician’s time, I fixed one problem (connecting my Boost), but encountered a new problem. I’m no longer able to use the app at all, not even add a component because for some reason a Bridge that I threw out over 2 years ago is still showing on my account. The app hangs up on the update and gives me an error code 30. I can’t remove the Bridge from my account without the equipment, nor could the technician. The Sonos app continues to try and update that Bridge and since it can’t, I am unable to do anything in the app. Without the Bridge, I’m not able to reset and remove it. I’m getting a call from Engineering on Monday. It’s such an easy fix...let me remove the old Bridge. Once it is gone I suspect I won’t have a problem adding the Playbars. It would be nice if Sonos offered a way to remove equipment that you no longer own.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @uscerin, thanks for all the details that you've provided. I guess we'll just wait for the response of the engineering team.

Both my Playbars keep turning off during setup. Out of the blue yesterday my living room Playbar disconnected from network and white light went out. The TV will still play sound through the Playbars but they aren’t recognized by the controller (no white light). I’ve tried all permutations of factory resets and adding product as well as find my product. In each case it will go orange and sometimes will set up its network so I can connect to “Sonos” but ultimately it seems to time out by flashing white like once and then shutting off (no lights). 

I have also tried this with both S1 and S2 apps. This isn’t my first Sonos rodeo. I’ve done everything short of taking it off the wall and plugging directly into router. The problem seems to be associated only with my two Playbars. 

Hi Sonos, 

I have exactly same problem and have tried all the above. Issue kicked in on the latest update to Sonos S1 app update - coincidence? 

can you provide a contact number to US from outside US?

Fingers crossed there’s a fix coming very soon!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @abarty, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for calling our attention to your concern. If you’re having the same issue then we might need to further check on this issue. You can check this link for our Sonos phone support page.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above, 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.