Answered

Playbar with sub, 2 SL missing from app

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 11 replies

I have a Playbar with sub and two One SL set up for my home theater. Every few days the right speaker goes missing in the app. I can typically readd it by going through the missing device flow in the app and unplugging it. It’s really a hassle.

The Playbar is hardwired with ethernet. I’ve already tried switching between SonosNet and WiFi setup but it makes no difference. Also switched left and right speaker and it’s still getting dropped, so I doubt it’s the speaker hardware. 

Diagnostics submitted 590785251

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 May 2022, 04:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app? Even though your speakers are on SonosNet, be sure to keep WiFi enabled on all of your devices.

Have you tried unplugging the Playbar for a couple of minutes and rebooting your router?

Are there any other wireless devices near the Playbar or right surround speaker that could be causing interference?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve tried different channels, also rebooting the router and the Sonos devices.

now that I think about it, the sub is sitting right next to the speaker that is getting dropped. Could that be interfering? The sub has never lost connection.  

Userlevel 7

now that I think about it, the sub is sitting right next to the speaker that is getting dropped. Could that be interfering?

Possibly. Try moving the Sub and see if it makes a difference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yoy may want to look at my article: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community