Answered

Playbar unreachable via app until the TV wakes it up

• 13 September 2021
  • 6 replies

The playbar can only be woken up via TV optical cable. Until I do that, the app can’t connect to it - it reports that it is unreachable. I turn on the TV and in a couple of second the app recognizes the playbar and I can control it, play music, etc. Is there a way to fix this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 September 2021, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

This thread might be helpful:

Thanks for the reply but this is not the same issue. My speaker is actually on (white led light is on) all the time - just unreachable. I’ll try connecting it directly to my router via a ethernet cable and see if that helps.

Ethernet connection didn’t help. I can start music by pressing the play button but the playbar still remains unreachable by the app. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of turning on the TV, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I’ve managed to fix the issue by doing a factory reset and creating a new system to which I then added the speaker. Just in case anyone else gets the same problem. I lost my favourites from the Sonos collection though but not from my streaming services, so it’s ok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ve managed to fix the issue by doing a factory reset and creating a new system to which I then added the speaker. Just in case anyone else gets the same problem. I lost my favourites from the Sonos collection though but not from my streaming services, so it’s ok.

Glad that the problem went away, but it may well come back in the future as the true cause was never determined. A factory reset is just a hammer for the problem, probably not a long term solution for whatever caused this in the first place.