Answered

Playbar - Unable to Add

• 17 April 2018
  • 3 replies

My playbar stopped working yesterday. I have the 5.1 setup (playbar,1's and a sub). It has been awhile since logging into the application and was prompted for an update. After the update, I could not see the playbar or group in the app at all. I tried resetting and reconnecting to the Sonos system over Wifi and connected directly to the router. Neither are working. It does find the playbar and provides the mac address in the app but fails to connect. Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 18 April 2018, 00:20

Hello there, kpopst. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. With the PLAYBAR plugged into the router directly, would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will create a solid connection for us to have a closer look at the player itself.

Thanks!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, kpopst. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. With the PLAYBAR plugged into the router directly, would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will create a solid connection for us to have a closer look at the player itself.

Thanks!
I have a very similar problem after having just undertaken the 8.5.1 update. The update hung on 'Finishing Up', then indicated that it had 'failed' and invited me to 'try again', did this, and it immediately said it was now sucessful. I have a Playbar, Sub and two Play 3's bonded as a 5.1 set up - but this Room no longer shows on the Rooms tab in the App after the Update (although it does show in the 'Room Settings' tab within 'Settings')? On checking in 'About My Sonos System' the Sub and both Play 3's are both listed - but the Playbar is missing?

The Playbar is connected to to my router by ethernet cable via an unmanaged Switch. Have tried powering it down and back up again, but it fails to work with the indicator white light flashing continuously. I also have two Play 5's (Gen 2) as a stereo pair, two Play 1's as a stereo pair and a Play 3 and a Play 1 operating individually as part of the overal system in the house. These all seem to be showing and operating as normal after the update.

So my question is what do I need to do to get the Playbar re-incorporated into my system as part of its original 5.1 set up? Do I need to call Support before submitting a diagnostic report?

Any help and ideas would be much appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Malcolm_16. Thanks for posting and for the details. No need to call us ahead of time, but be sure to let us know the confirmation number it gives at the end (either here in the Community or by giving us a call). This will make sure that we can retrieve the report and take a closer look. So feel free to submit a diagnostic report after replicating the problem and I'll be happy to take a look.