Question

Playbar TV Remote Proximity Issues.

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have two rooms in my home set up with Playbars and surrounds wired to a Connect:Amp. For three years, no issues and we love the SONOS system. Recently, in our basement, the TV remote is only read by the Playbar when I'm within about 5-feet of the IR sensor on the Playbar. 

I have set up three remotes, and the issue is the same with all. I've swapped out old batteries for new without success. I've tried lights on/off with no success. I've cleaned the IR sensor without success. All connected speakers (wired and wireless surrounds, sub) work when I'm close to the sensor. At a loss. Only thing I can think to try is unplugging it (which means that will be the first suggestion that I receive no doubt!) because the outlet is difficult to access.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @CurtV, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue about the proximity for your TV remote on Sonos, kindly check this article about Sonos home theater speaker not recognizing TV remote for some troubleshooting steps for this issue, if the issue persists. We’ll take this further.

Keep me in the know with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.